THE O’GRADY – BROWN
MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND, INC.
THE FUND SEEKS TO HONOR AND PERPETUATE THE NAMES OF
TWO TRAGICALLY SLAIN POLICE OFFICERS WHO GAVE THEIR
FULL MEASURE OF DUTY DURING THE OCTOBER 20TH, 1981
BRINK’S ROBBERY, BY GIVING SCHOLARSHIPS TO DESERVING
STUDENTS THAT ARE PURSUING CAREERS OF PUBLIC SERVICE
IN LAW ENFORCEMENT.
The O’Grady-Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc. seeks to perpetuate the goals, aspirations and ideals that characterize two tragically slain police officers. To that end, the fund seeks to support and encourage the educational endeavors and achievements of students seeking careers in law enforcement by awarding scholarship grants.
Scholarships shall be awarded to Rockland County NY residents in concordance with the following criteria and guidelines:
1. Scholarships shall be awarded to graduating high school seniors and/or matriculated undergraduate students pursuing degrees directly related to advancing a career in law enforcement.
2. Scholarships shall be awarded without regard to age, sex, race or national origin.
3. The fund committee will determine scholarship amounts each year, based upon financial ability of the fund and the number of qualified applicants.
4. Scholarship applications as approved and provided by the fund committee, shall be distributed to all public, parochial and private high schools in January of each year.
5. The fund committee must receive scholarship applications no later than 15 April each year. No application will be accepted for consideration for the current year if received after that date.
6. Scholarship winners will be announced in May of each year in time for spring Graduation and Awards Ceremonies.
7. Scholarship awards shall be granted in regard to the following considerations:
A. Demonstrated commitment to pursuing law enforcement career;
B. Acceptance to an accredited college or university;
C. Demonstrated achievement in previous academic pursuits;
D. Demonstrated achievement in sports, clubs and service;
E. Demonstrated financial need; and
F. Candidate shall be of good moral character.
For Information Write to:
O’Grady – Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund, Inc.
PO Box 1024
Nyack, NY 10960
Call (845) 358-0206, Ext. 16